What is the uniqueness of the ETAPower EF Trail camp stove for the backpacker? Let us take a closer look at five areas of this camp stove and why it makes an excellent choice for backpacking.
1. Backpackers look for compact size and lightweight in camp stoves. The stove weighs in around 27 ounces without the fuel. This stove may weigh more than some, but with the uniqueness of their own pot system that sacrifice makes up in cooking time and fuel efficiency.
Also, included with this stove is a pot gripper, windscreen, piezoelectric ignition, heat exchanger, burner stand, frying pan/pot lid, 2.1 L pot which all fits into the insulated bag.
2. The stove lists at $115-$120 dollars but there are options out there to buy it cheaper if you do the research. There have been very positive reviews on this stove even though it might be a little pricey. Moreover, in 2007 Backpackers Magazine selected this stove as the Editors Choice.
3. You should save up to 50% of fuel with this camp stove, which means less fuel to carry to lighten your load. The pot system that comes with the stove has a heat exchanger and a windscreen to make your cooking more efficient. Sacrificing size and weight seems to balance out for the efficiency of the stove. It all boils down on what you want to use it for (no pun intended).
4. Primus EtaPower EF is environmentally friendly due to less use of fuel. In fact, it has a preheating coil reducing fuel consumption to make it incredible efficient even in low temperatures. The complete stove set makes it extremely stable to cook on with fast boiling times.
5. The built in gas burner and piezo ignition create a safe stove function and convince. Not only that but the three layers of titanium nonstick surface on the pot, frying pan, and lid make it easy to cook and cleanup. Furthermore, with the nonstick surface you can really cook up some gourmet meals and not just boil water.
This stove works great for 1-4 people in your group. The 2.1 L pot can easily cook a meal for four without over flowing. Of course one other unique feature of this stove, which allows for less fuel consumption, is the carrying case can simmer food instead of continue cooking on the stove. Simply cover the 2.1 L pot and place the Primus EtaPower EF camp stove inside the case and enjoy the sunset before dinner.
These are five unique things about the Primus EtaPower EF camp stove for the backpacker. If you want to learn more about this stove or other stoves stop by my website Fun Camp Stoves.